Monday, February 4, 2008

Sacralicious



Sacrilegious + delicious = title of this post. (Simpsons)

I didn't find much funny about this trailer until I heard Samuel L. Jackson's final outburst. Is it me or will there be a trend in portraying god as a famous black actor... Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty, now Samuel L in this weirdo film hehe.

Either way, I am a huge fan of religious parodying because I believe people sometimes take religion too seriously. This may result in the occasional embarrassing conversation or, at the other extreme, a holy war - which is an oxymoron that demeans both the "holy" and the "war" aspect of the phrase. I feel that one can get a better understanding of their faith if they were to take it less seriously. Does that make sense? I really don't think I'm saying what I'm thinking... Ok, enough preaching, I really just wanted to show that stupid trailer.

Religion is easy. Math is hard.
diigo it

2 comments:

Nan said...

I thought the trailer was pretty silly until "Principal Firebush" spoke. Haha, it's definitely a...um... interesting (?) take on religion.
But I think you're right in that sometimes it's easier to understand things (not just a person's faith) when talking about them jokingly or in a light-hearted tone. A more relaxed atmosphere makes it easier for people to express themselves and for others to be more inclined to listen.
"Serious discussions" tend to make people shy away from certain topics.
Ok, I think I wrote too much. Essentially, the trailer provided a laugh.
And I like the word " sacrilicious ". I might consider adding it to the dictionary I'm compiling to publish. Haha.

Sama said...

excellent. i have plenty more made up words i want u to publish. liz since u work for nih i will need lots of money to think up these words...

how about this for a starter:

turtle + porpoise = tortoise?

Blog Design | 2007 Arcade of the Scribe