Friday, January 11, 2008

Enta the Cypha Philly



Being a bboy you'd think I'd write more about breaking (BREAKDANCING for all those not into the bboy scene). This event - Enta the Cypha Philly - will be a special one...

Tomorrow (Saturday) from 5-10pm at MarBar (40th and walnut, Philly, 19104). $10 cover.

Ok so now that I've told you the logistics, I'll explain why I'm looking forward to this event. First some vocab. A "cypher" is an open circle where dancers jump in and just dance to the music. There is no competition, just raw dancing. And Philly is the BEST at this. Hands Down. Philly has a long history of loving music and dancing to it. The DJ always keeps the record spinning so no feeling is lost. A week or two ago I went to House Dance Conference in NYC and the DJ kept turning the music off every 2 minutes. It was the most annoying thing ever. Here in Philly, turntable masters like Skeme and Illvibe Collective will keep the breakers in the circles nonstop.

I love the Philly dance scene! Watch out for me tomorrow at MarBar.

0 comments:

Blog Design | 2007 Arcade of the Scribe