Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Cooliris Previews and PicLens

I've been trying to find ways to give my Mozilla Firefox a new look and feel. Lo and behold, I stumbled across these two innovative add-ons.

The first one I found was Cooliris Previews which introduced me to an enchanting world where clicking is obsolete! I now have picture-in-picture browsing capabilities. There's not much to say about this but to give it a try and see for yourself. I'm still getting the hang of it but I'm sure sooner than later I'll be using it nonstop.

I was so impressed by Previews that I added PicLens (both offered by the same company - Cooliris). Again, you just have to try this to see if you like it or not. I guess if you use Google Images this would be heaven for you. It pretty much allows you to scroll through images by placing them all in a full screen slideshow. End result: no more clicking back and forth to browse through images. I haven't tried it to see if it will get me through loading page after page looking at facebook albums but wouldn't that be a treat?

I definitely recommend downloading both of these. It takes 1 minute to download each since they're both extensions and nothing that needs pesky installation. And the better part is, if you don't like it, it takes even less time to uninstall.

You'll notice blog entries like this every once in a while from me. It's just that, whenever I find something cool (and free!), I like to spread the word.

0 comments:

Blog Design | 2007 Arcade of the Scribe