Friday, December 28, 2007

A History of Violence...

After Sama woke up and created this Blog, he invited the rest of us to be authors. I'm in because, well, whenever Sama has an idea, I generally agree without asking questions. No Longer! Anyway, I asked Sama what I could possibly contribute and he recommended writing about what interests me. After carefully considering my options I realized I am interested in
War...and getting into Graduate school.

Now, I have been rude. My name is Bobylon. I'd like to tell you I was nicknamed after that much fabled and powerful city of times old but the name really came from a song. Well, sorta. Long story. Leave a comment if you really want me to write about it.

Anyway, back to War and Grad school. Now like Sama, I am an engineer, not an English major. As such, my writing will be particularly crude because I rarely review my work well. Anyway, my next major goal in life, is to get into Grad school for engineering. As such, I have to set little goals and objectives along the way. Here comes the War part. Like many other authors
on the topic, I believe you can relate life to battle in just about every aspect. You have an objective and you attain it through force, deception, subversion, or other methods. Using the teachings of Clausewitz, Sun Tzu, Musashi Miyamoto, and the like, you can master your surroundings as well as yourself.

There is a deeper part to all of this though. I mean, why does violence occur? Why is it necessary? Could the world ever truly be peaceful? (for the record, I am actually a very optimistic person). And... I'm sure Violence, War, and Grad School won't be all I talk about, but it's a start.

Until next time,. Viva Le' Revolution!

0 comments:

Blog Design | 2007 Arcade of the Scribe